We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ct
Level Contributor
153 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

sat- arrive london-early- get to hotel around noon- go to British Museum which is open til 5 and near hotel

sun-take walking tour of London at 10:30 and then catch train to Bath -overnight Bath

mon Bath morning and Stonehenge tour in the afternoon-overnight Bath

tues-catch train to Oxford in the morning-see some Oxford sights

wed-Blenheim Castle and return to Oxford-catch late train back to London

thur- Churchill War Rooms, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham palace, Parliment(visit inside)

fri-Windsor Castle day trip- leave in morning- return in late afternoon do some sights or take walking tour or show

sat-London Tower, Globe Theater, St. Pauls

sun-airport home

I tried to close the prior post but was unable to so I'm starting a new thread. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

Hi lovetotravel,

Seems fine to me if I'm honest, if not hectic...but certainly do-able! Your last Saturday in London seems the only day where, if I'm truthful, you'll be wanting to do more!

Having previously worked as a contractor for a few years in the Houses of Parliment, I was always under the impression that only UK nationals that could tour around - which I get the impression, and please correct me if I am wrong, that you are not? Overseas visitors can still view the debates in the Houses though, parliament.uk/visiting/…

If you're in the St Pauls area, there is so much more to do than just visit the cathedral - Monument is just down the road, and if it's open on the day you can climb the steps to the top and get a great view over London.

Good luck!

Dave

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,875 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

Hi,

I would recommend spending more time in Bath. Aside from Windsor Castle you may wish to cross the River Thames and visit Eton College. And, if you like walking there are some nice walks along the Thames in Windsor.

Enjoy your stay.

Edited: 17 January 2012, 01:18
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

On the visiting Parliament part, tours are only possible on Saturdays except during the Summer I think parliament.uk/visiting/…

Otherwise, the itinerary looks do-able to me although you'll certainly feel that you're dashing around quite a bit. But I can see that you are coming a long way and want to fit as much as possible into your trip! You presumably know that Buckingham Palace won't be open for tours as these are only in the Summer too, you could visit the Royal Mews or arrange your visit to fit in with the Changing of the Guard.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

Windsor is a nice town in itself and could easily fill a day or more yet alone the castle.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,810 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

The castle is truly wonderful and can easily take half a day to see but the town of Windsor itself whilst pleasant really only warrants another couple of hours (walk to Eton or in the Great Park, river cruise of the weather is fine) so your plan of a 3/4 day and getting back for an evening activity is a good one.

Having said that your other two days in London looked packed and there are plenty of other things to do and see so I might consider dropping that day trip altogether especially as you will have seen a fair bit of the countryside.

Tough call but there isn't a right or wrong answer :-)

6. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 04:08
Edited: 17 January 2012, 04:08
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,386 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

Well compared with your last itinerary it is theoretically more doable although I still think if you try and do both Bath and Oxford plus tours, you are inevitable going to squeeze too much into your time in London but at least the sites you want to see there are better grouped.

Where Parliament is concerned (and it seems many people get confused); foreign tourists can pay to tour on a Saturday or during Summer Opening (although some Saturdays are not available due to other events) or watch debates (first come first served) or visit the Archives. {If you are a UK citizen you can request a free tour via your MP or pay and go on a Saturday/during Summer Opening} So if the OP want to go inside you need to decide which you want to do and make arrangements accordingly; if it's a guided tour it has to be a Saturday and we know from other posters on the forum that, as mentioned, some Sats are not available or tours this year at the present time as they are being 'held' for other events.

Likewise BP is only open to visitors during the summer (31 July to 31 August) so check on whether what you want to see is available as that may affect your final itinerary.

But you're getting there!

(Reposted as there were so many typos above it was incomprehensible!).

Edited: 17 January 2012, 04:09
Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

The tour of the Houses of Parliament was one of the highlights of my last visit, I booked via ticketmaster(9.15 tour, as mentioned on a Saturday)

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

The Royal Collections website has BP opening times through the end of September 2012 not August as mentioned above.

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this new itinerary possible or is it still too much?

>>>>Blenheim Castle

If you try to visit Blenheim Castle you may spend a long time looking for it !

It is of course Blenheim Palace not Castle.