We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

We need a hotel for night before early morning flight. Want to park and eat out that night but nowhere special (Pizza Exp OK). Can anyone recommend where to avoid or cheap hotel or B&B. 6 of us, 4 adults 2 kids. So many reviews to wade through and Im great at selecting duff hotels :) thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,232 reviews
from USD 140.37*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,955 reviews
from USD 144.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
512 reviews
from USD 97.71*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
813 reviews
from USD 97.71*
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

Check out "Trumbles" in Charlwood. cant sing its praises enough, Good eating places nearby, they will arrange transfers and you leave your car there. Check out reviews on TA.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

The cheapest decent hotel near the airport is The Premier Inn- not amazing but does what it says on the tin and has family rooms. Alternatively I've used The Hilton at the airport- not as cheap but they threw in parking, and I ate in the hotel. There was an excellent buffet- bewildering choice of very good quality food, and kids under 15 eat free with an adult. However drinks are very pricey.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 07:38
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

I will check out both of these and choose one - both sound fine, thanks for that, you have saved me hours of trawling - ange

London
Level Contributor
408 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

Premier inn is good because it's walking distance of the North Terminal.

Also because you should be able to check your luggage in the night before you won't need to transport too much luggage around too.

Food wise is dire though aorund there with not much choice. Best going somewhere decent before actually getting to the airport.

I made the fatal mistake of assuming it would be ok, ended up having M&S sandwich and wraps in the hotel room...

London, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

As you have transport if you don't fancy the hotel food Crawley is only a short drive. We go there the night before flights out of gatwick.

crawleysussex.co.uk/directory/crawley-leisur…

Easy to and from gatwick. All the usual reasonably priced restaurants. Massive car park.

Pizza hut usually has kids eat free on line printable coupons.

Edited: 19 January 2012, 22:10
London, England
Level Contributor
8,435 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

I have stayed at The Amber Guest House in Horley. Clean, reasonably priced accommodation and they will take you/pick up from LGW. They also have on site parking and not far away is a lovely pub with restaurant Ye Old Six bells.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

Choice is getting better - going to check out the prices of these and make a decision based on these. Price is an option but will see what happens - thank you to everyone - Happy Skiing!

8. Re: Gatwick north hotel + parking + transfer and eating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 21:25