We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Has anyone stayed at this convent on St. George's Drive? I called them but had difficulty communicating with them over the phone. Does anyone know if they have a/c in the rooms and if the rooms are private with private baths? Thanks!

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,477 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

I think this guest house is primarily for Maltese patients (and their relatives) who are receiving medical treatment in London.

fcjmalta.org/congregation/english/londongues…

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Thanks, but I found it listed on the Diocese of Westminster website www.rcdow.org.uk/catholic_faqs/default.asp… It sounded like it was available to anyone.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,792 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

If you are particularly wishing to stay somewhere Catholic, then you might find the information here useful:

www.rcdow.org.uk/catholic_faqs/default.asp…

Essex
Level Contributor
27,792 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Ha Ha - you found it!!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,249 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Oddly enough I was in Malta recently and talked to a lady who was going to stay here. She said you don't have to be Maltese, but I suppose they get booked up a lot by Maltese people and if not Maltese you have to take what is left.

When she enquired about one night for her and her mother, a very short period as they were going to arrive late and leave early, the nun in charge offered her the nun's own room.

I think there are Anglican convents that offer rooms as well.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Thanks Essex Wanderer and Verity1!

maine
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

I called them also and made a reservation. I know the rooms are private but with shared baths. An online post from a few years ago said the rooms were spotless and the shared baths no problem. It is open to anyone; it is not necessary to attend any services.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Thank you for the new information travelpro74!

maine
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Yes, I think the person in charge might have a hearing disability. I mailed her a deposit and she replied with a nice note. With breakfast, the charge is 35 British pounds. Did you decide on a different place? I think it is a great deal with no restrictions.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Franciscan Sisters Guest House

Travelpro74: My sister and I booked our stay there for next summer. I received a nice note after they received my deposit as well. Do you happen to know about air conditioning? Not sure we will need it there, but I live in AZ (118 today) so I always ask!