We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get travelcard to take advantage of 2 for 1 offers?

Usa
4 posts
Save Topic
Where to get travelcard to take advantage of 2 for 1 offers?

I am arriving at Heathrow with my 14 year old son for two quick days of touring in London, and would like to take advantage of the 2 for 1 offers. Am I correct in my understanding that if we purchase paper travelcards, they will have the National Rail symbol that will allow us to get the 2 for 1 offers? Can I get those travelcards at Heathrow? If not, where?

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
London
London
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,391 Reviews
from USD 125.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,150 Reviews
from USD 127.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
541 Reviews
from USD 112.90*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,777 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to get travelcard to take advantage of 2 for 1 offers?

Heathrow does not have a National Rail station, so you will not be able to buy the correct paper Travelcards there.

At what hotel have you booked? Let us know, and we can suggest the nearest rail station.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Usa
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to get travelcard to take advantage of 2 for 1 offers?

Thank you for your response! We arrive early morning, will drop our bags at our hotel, the Premier Inn Kensington (Olympia), which is near the Earl's Court station of the Picadilly line, and then head out to tour for the day. We have not yet determined where we'll start touring, possibly the sightseeing tour bus for an overview, so we are open to suggestions of a place with a rail station nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
Premier Inn London...
2,004 Reviews
London, UK
Earl's Court
Earl's Court
173 Reviews
London, UK
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to get travelcard to take advantage of 2 for 1 offers?

Continue on the Piccadilly Line to South Kensington, change to the Circle or District lines and travel 2 stops to Victoria. Ascend to the mainline Rail station.

Mentioned in this post
South Kensington
South Kensington
306 Reviews
London, UK
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,119 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to get travelcard to take advantage of 2 for 1 offers?

I think you might do better to get one day zones 1-6 Travelcards from the tube station at Heathrow and use that on day one and plan to do non 2for1 offer things on that day. The alternative is spending extra on single tickets and then buying a zones 1&2 card at Victoria, four stops from Earls Court on the District line or a short bus ride on the C1. The HOHO bus companies also have stops outside the station if you decide to that.

Whilst at Victoria on the first day you might also be able to get a one day Travelcard for the following day from the ticket office inside the station.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
5. Re: Where to get travelcard to take advantage of 2 for 1 offers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 16:16