We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Accommodation

Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
London Accommodation

In March 2019, I am spending 4 nights in London at which point I will be leaving London via Heathrow airport, flight time11AM, terminal 2. Thinking of staying at Hotel Meridiana 43-44, Argyle Square, Kings Cross. Wondering if this is a central location in which to be a London tourist and also wondering if this location is suitable for an early morning Heathrow flight.

If need be, I would certainly find accommodation closer to the airport the night before flight day.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: London Accommodation

Argyle Square isn’t particularly close to most of London’s main attractions but it is fine as a base as it’s only a short walk to Kings Cross Tube station.

In terms of getting to Heathrow you can get on the Piccadilly line at Kings Cross and that will take you all the way to Heathrow in about 70 Minutes.

Trains are regular and start very early in the morning so you shouldn’t have any problems in terms of an 11am flight, but I would certainly have a look at the time tables before you book the hotel just to be sure.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
14,348 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: London Accommodation

King's Cross to Heathrow on the Piccadilly line of the London Underground will take about 60 minutes. With a n 1100 departure, you could easily leave King's Cross around 0700 and be at Heathrow around 0800 any day of the week.

Absolutely no need to stay closer to Heathrow.

It is important that you know your departure terminal and get on a Piccadilly Line train going to that terminal, not all trains go to all terminals.

content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

London transport is so efficient that I think your hotel would be just fine for seeing anything in central London that you wanted to.

Edited: 15 October 2018, 03:25
Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
154 reviews
3. Re: London Accommodation

Unlike Chariie2109 I would stay near Heathrow the night before the flight. The Underground is fantastic however some line issues on our day of departure would of made us miss our flight had we stay in the city. Really it is up to your comfort level. Or stay near paddington for the express train and pay for the quick trip.

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,291 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: London Accommodation

Staying out by the airport for your last night would involve having to move on your final full day and you could waste up to half of it just going back and forth.

Of course there is a risk that the tube might have problems but it's a small risk and one that thousands of people take each day. If there are problems then the aforementioned Heathrow Express is an option and you can also take a taxi.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,329 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: London Accommodation

King's Cross has six Underground lines converging there as well as plenty of buses, and as such your stay at the Merdiana should be fine for your time in London as well as for your departure from Heathrow.

With your AC flight from T2 unless there are planned works on the Piccadilly line - and nothing is showing through 24 March - then all you'll need to do on the day is allow five minutes from the Meridiana to the platform at KX, board the train and alight at T2,3. I certainly wouldn't move hotels for one night.

…tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/kings-cross-a4-17… There are lifts at the Underground entrance near bus stops D and E from street to ticket hall then an escalator down to the platform for the westbound Piccadilly line. There is an escalator up at LHR T2,3 and a very short walk to T2 Departures. Stops R and A are very near Argyle Square, with D and E just across Euston Road.

Reply to: London Accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted