We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day itinerary

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
3 day itinerary

Hi everyone,

I am traveling to London for the first time this August and I have a pretty jam-packed itinerary for 3 days. As a first-timer, what museums/attractions do you believe we should definitely have a guided tour for? Which places do you think I will be okay browsing without a tour? Any non-touristy places that I should definitely look at within London that I do not have to travel more than an hour for? All recommendations are welcomed, thank you!

10 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day itinerary

At The Tower of London the Yeoman Warders give a free introductory talk and then you make your way around it independently. A good way to get to or from the Tower is to take a City Cruise boat along the river from or to Westminster Pier and the boat has a guide who gives a commentary and explains the highlights as you travel along.

That would definitely be on my list for one of the days.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day itinerary

It would be helpful if you posted your itinerary so we know what you are planning to see and do. Much easier to give advice and tips that way.

With just three days, you will more than likely not have time to see anything much outside of London.

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day itinerary

www.visitacity.com/itineraries-user…

This is my itinerary thus far

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day itinerary

www.visitacity.com/itineraries-user…

This is my itinerary so far

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,350 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day itinerary

Chanel F,

Are you able to post your complete itinerary on this forum - as per TA's requirements to make each post 'stand-alone'. i.e., forum members shouldn't have to access another site to find out the information.

Thank you.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 day itinerary

Just glanced at your itinerary, it needs some major tweaking. Especially your third day. You do realize the Harry Potter Studio Tour is not in London. Assuming you already have tickets? That will take up most of that day.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 day itinerary

You plan to go to Harry Potter studio tour for 30 minutes.

Why bother if you are not interested ?

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 day itinerary

No I do not have tickets yet. It’s just an interest if mine. Didn’t fully set day 3 yet.

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 day itinerary

I plan on being there for 3-4 hours, if I do attend. Tickets were not bought.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
420 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 day itinerary

Better try to buy tickets NOW- it Sells out nearly daily and Must be bought Ahead of travel

Reply to: 3 day itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted