We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Sept 2018

Macedonia, Ohio
12 posts
London Sept 2018

Hello all. Is staying at 50gbp per day doable if accommodations, oyster card filled with 50gbp, and London Pass are all paid for?

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,731 Reviews
from USD 122.10*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,271 Reviews
from USD 124.70*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
769 Reviews
from USD 102.20*
18 replies to this topic
Warwickshire...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds, Rome, London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
107 reviews
11. Re: London Sept 2018

If you haven't yet bought the London Pass it may not be the best way of paying for attractions. You need to check the ebtry fee fo the places you actually want to visit AND have time for. Check out the 2-4-1 offers (see above right, 'Top Questions about London') for more info. Be aware than many museums & galleries are free to enter including the British Museum, V&A, National Gallery.

Macedonia, Ohio
12 posts
12. Re: London Sept 2018

You're correct, minus the 5.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
46 posts
13. Re: London Sept 2018

If you are essentially only paying for food and incidentals out of pocket, you should be fine on 50 GBP, especially if you are willing to eat breakfast at your accommodation. I would probably eat a substantial lunch and then get dinner from a fast casual place, e.g. Pret, or get a sandwich from a local grocery store. You won't have enough to go drinking every night or visit all kinds of paid attractions that aren't included in your pass, but you should have more than enough to cover the basics.

Macedonia, Ohio
12 posts
14. Re: London Sept 2018

Yeah I think I did ok on the comparisons paying out right vs getting the Pass and felt it would save money. We will be there a long time but we only got the 3 day pass

Macedonia, Ohio
12 posts
15. Re: London Sept 2018

Yeah, I'm traveling with my mom and aunt and they're depending on my direction,lol. I was already warned not to leave them and they aren't going to any clubs. I may have a beer here or there but definitely not every day

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,725 posts
25 reviews
16. Re: London Sept 2018

7 days at the full daily cap of £6.80 comes to £47.60 so you may have to add more credit for the 8th day but make sure you don't miss too much money.

Shame you didn't ask before ordering the visitor cards which you can't add the 7 day travelcards to. To get a refund the credit balance must be below £10.

You could forego the refund and keep the cards for a future visit as the money on the card doesn't expire.

Edited: 15 August 2018, 06:18
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
2 reviews
17. Re: London Sept 2018

All the best attractions are free - the museums, galleries, parks, churches (except for St Pauls and Westminster Abbey). And of course just walking around. You might want to check THeatremonkey.com and the Today Tkts app for theatre bargains. But £50 day is fine

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,939 posts
18. Re: London Sept 2018

Doable, if a little tight.

Reply to: London Sept 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted