We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback appreciated on these rental flats in Southwark

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
555 posts
81 reviews
Feedback appreciated on these rental flats in Southwark

I'm considering 2 flats for a week stay next year(September); one is on Flipkey and SabbaticalHomes; I love the openness and airiness of the place. It's located on Southwark Bridge Road, so a short walk to Borough Market and the tube stations, although the immediate area outside the entrance seems slightly more industrial. Not a big issue, just a comment.

https://www.flipkey.com/properties/3186195/

The second apartment is on AirBnb; this seems to be next to the Borough station, and the comments are uniformly wonderful -- except for the noise. Now I live in NYC, so am used to noise. Is this TOO central? Will we be tripping over people when we leave the flat? This is not quite as big but it appears very airy and comfortable, and a somewhat more comfortable/conventional bedroom, but overall, both seem to be good.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12208772?s=51

Feedback most appreciated!

Norway
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Feedback appreciated on these rental flats in Southwark

Both apartments look very nice, but I wouldn't consider either due to their very busy and noisy locations. However, as you're used to noise, you can take your pick. I see that the bedroom in the first one is at the back, so at least you won't hear the traffic at night.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
555 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Feedback appreciated on these rental flats in Southwark

Thanks, I'm leaning toward that one. I''m used to living in a place with traffic and noise out my window; I don't think this will be a problem for me. And the fact that the bedroom is in the back will be a plus!

paris london
Level Contributor
5,260 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Feedback appreciated on these rental flats in Southwark

It's a working area more than a residential area - you won't be tripping over anybody. I wouldn't want to stay there because of the noise and limited facilities (it's *not* central) but admittedly there is easy tube and bus access to more appealing areas. If you just want an flat to sleep in rather than an area to hang in, and you have top notch earplugs, they might be acceptable.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
555 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Feedback appreciated on these rental flats in Southwark

Thanks nomarmite,

I do see many residential areas just parallel to the commercial street, so my sense is that it's more mixed. Yes, I understand that Southwark Bridge road flat and the AirBnB flat are both on commercial stretches, but it seems like there is a good mix.

I do understand that it might be noisy, but I'm not sure what you mean by limited facilities. It seems to have a good commercial center, a lot of restaurants, numerous shops and pretty easy access to the touristic centers. In fact, it seems more convenient by tube than some of the areas in the more typical residential western part of the city. At least, that's my impression, though I may be wrong.

5. Re: Feedback appreciated on these rental flats in Southwark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2018, 16:18