We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel

Auckland Central...
3 posts
Travel

Best way from Shaftesbury to Heathrow Terminal 4

9 replies to this topic
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
1. Re: Travel

A303 then M3.

Auckland Central...
3 posts
2. Re: Travel

Hi many thanks, is there a train connection, or bus that travels to Shaftesbury?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
3. Re: Travel

There's a bus to Heathrow once a day

Otherwise it's a whole host of possible bus/train combinations

http://www.travelinesw.com

will let you plan your journey

You'd get much better answers if you put a proper question in the first place rather than posing it as if you were paying by the word.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 17:27
Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
900 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Travel

Careful @Dzug1, some OP's get 'very upset' when you kindly suggest them they may help themselves by being a bit clearer in their questions..... :-)

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Travel

Check http://coach.nationalexpress.com/ for direct coaches from Shaftesbury to Heathrow. They leave around 8.00am and return at about 4.00pm, and the journey takes just under 4 hours.

The nearest railway station is 4 or 5 miles away at Gillingham. Take the train from there to Woking, then a National Express coach to Heathrow.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Travel

I'm not personally convinced the OP wants to go to the town of Shaftesbury rather than Shaftesbury Avenue in London, in which case this could be an extremely expensive way to find out about the peril of truncating road names in the UK

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
900 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Travel

Well as Dzug1 rightly states above, the OP would help him/herself if (s)he didn't treat this forum as if (s)he was charged by the word. But thinking about it, it may well be that (s)he is after Shaftesbury Avenue. Can you imagine getting that wrong.......

Sheffield
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
152 reviews
8. Re: Travel

...and not saying please or thank you either.

Auckland Central...
3 posts
9. Re: Travel

Reading all the above I apologise for not being more specific in my request; Gillingham, Dorset information is in fact very helpful. As a first time user of this site I thank you for helpful comments.

Reply to: Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shaftesbury