We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Hi, my sister and I are arriving in Heathrow in early September, and have decided if possible to hire a cab to take us from the airport to Dorchester in Dorset. I've looked at a couple of cab sites, and then read reviews of them here on TripAdvisor, which were pretty awful. Does anyone know of a good, reliable service we could use?

Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Dorchester is a long way by taxi, even one that has come up from Dorset to meet you.

You could take the Raliair coach to Woking and a train to Dorchester for much less money.

Dorchester
1 post
2. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Arriving after a longhaul, the coach/train means one or two changes, firstly at Woking then possibly Bournemouth. You could get a quote from Crossways Cars 01305 854719, who are a good local taxi company.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,788 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k766…

Been answered already

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,983 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

There is an hourly direct train from Woking to Dorchester.

5. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 19:36

Isleworth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
6. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Why don't you take the South west train, it costs about £7.50 at the cheapest each. I'm looking to send my son from near Heathrow in August and that's the results I found.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Barbara, the OP has been and gone (they travelled last September)

8. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2016, 01:05

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
108 reviews
9. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Dave -adverts are not allowed -against the rules

reported

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
63 reviews
10. Re: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester

Hi, I know this is quite late in replying to your post, but did you eventually find a reliable taxi firm? I ask because me and my girlfriend are also needing to get to Dorchester from the airport very quickly. P. S was it worth it when you got there?

Reply to: Taxi from Heathrow to Dorchester
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dorchester
More Dorchester Topics