We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and ride

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Park and ride

Several attraction websites refer to the Dorchester Park and Ride. Google reveals a P&R at the football ground closed last year, is there another one? Thank you

14 replies to this topic
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Park and ride

Sorry but there are no buses from Wareham to Dorchester, but there is a regular train service. However be aware that the train station is not in the centre of the town so would involve a taxi or a bit of a walk.

P-t-B

Mentioned in this post
Wareham
Wareham
Dorset, UK
Dorchester
Dorchester
Dorset, UK
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Park and ride

Re the museums you mention, i second Meg Dorchester's comments; the Teddy Bear museum was the worst "attraction" I've ever visited, however DCM is wonderful and not to be missed.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Park and ride

Thanks to everyone. I agreed re DCM when I looked at the reviews, I drove into Dorchester as suggested though, and the nearest car park was completely full, and would anyway have been too far away with my bad leg. I will hope to visit DCM the next time I am down, and more able to walk so this won't be an issue. Appreciate all the help though!

Mentioned in this post
Dorchester
Dorchester
Dorset, UK
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Park and ride

This website may help you: en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/dorchester/

Reply to: Park and ride