We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
35 reviews
Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

The pub next door to the hotel does not have good reviews. Please can anyone recommend a different pub or restaurant within walking distance? Thanks.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

I can't think of anywhere, the hotel is out by the M5, so it's either a taxi or bus into the city centre...(or the pub next door...)

ATB,J.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
1,060 reviews
2. Re: Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

There is a very regular bus, almost every 10 minutes into the centre of Exeter, taking just over 15 minutes. This may be your best bet.

The Old Firehouse in New North Road not far from the bus station or High Street bus stops is well recommended - tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186254-d1…

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
201 reviews
3. Re: Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

Not too far away is the Gipsy Hill Hotel. I've only ever been past it but I'm guessing it's about a 15 minute walk away.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

Thank you for your suggestions. I've read the reviews of the Brown Owl. It seems to be the sort of place one might go for a non special occasion meal. Is it worth a try or is it to be avoided at all costs?

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
298 reviews
5. Re: Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

Hi. We stay at the Express quite often and always eat in the Barn Owl. The last time I was a little worried as I read all the bad reviews too. We thought we would take another chance as we have always had a good meal in there. So glad we went because it was very nice. Its been refurbished recently and now have waiter service for ordering food. It was a lovely evening. Going again in a few weeks and will definitely eat in there again. I always seem to pick the haddock and chips and always happy with that, and I am very fussy!!

Desserts are always very good too!

6. Re: Pub or restaurant near Holiday Inn Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 16:23
Get answers to your questions about Exeter
Recent Conversations