We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House heating during the night in June

Sebes, Romania
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
House heating during the night in June

I'm staying with a family, but I was shy to ask if it is cold during the night and if I need thicker sleeping clothes, or if they use heating in the house during the night. What is the usual?

Thanks ;-)

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House heating during the night in June

hi we have two students staying with us at the moment from saudi arabia and we put our cental heating on a couple of nights ago for them. I dont think you will find it cold, but always good to bring a cardigan and something warm for sleeping in. we dont usually put central heating on in june.

also dont forget to bring a rain coat, we have had some lovely sunny weather but its rainy at the moment.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House heating during the night in June

Coming from Romania I cant think you would think its cold. Its not on at night in my house right now, and its pretty cool for June. I woudl just bring a couple different types of nightwear, and if your personally find it cold, ask for an extra blanket.

Sebes, Romania
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House heating during the night in June

Thank you!!!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,997 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House heating during the night in June

Pack a small hot water bottle just in case. You could always wear socks in bed. Though the nights are quite warm at the moment and I doubt you will find it cold.

Bring a light fleece as although it is 18-20C today we seem to be stuck with high winds.

I've watched people walking by in both strappy sun tops and warm jackets! Right now two young women one in a strapped teeshirt and the other in long sleeved with scarf......who knows ;-)

Oxford UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House heating during the night in June

Very few British people will have the heating on at all in the summer, let alone at night. It's cool outside at night, of course, so if you're planning to be out in the evenings be prepared with a jumper or fleece as it will be cold once it gets dark.

For an indication of what the temperature will be (outside) where you're going see here: bbc.co.uk/weather

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,997 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House heating during the night in June

Just thought probably the most useful thing is - night temperatures in Devon at the moment are 16C - 14C seldom lower sometimes higher.

Perhaps you can compare it to yours and see. I do always think it is cooler when I am away from home though it is not.

Mentioned in this post
Devon
Devon
England, UK
Sebes, Romania
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House heating during the night in June

Thank you ladies! Bless you!

Sebes, Romania
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House heating during the night in June

I want to thank everyone once again, and I have to say I was lucky. I had good weather and a most wonderful host! Brenda and Paul Cheshire. I really loved Exeter and everything about it!! :(( missing it...

Mentioned in this post
Cheshire
Cheshire
England, UK
Exeter
Exeter
Devon, UK
9. Re: House heating during the night in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 14:17