We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st ives

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
st ives

hi there can anyone recommend a clean reasonably priced cottage in st ives suitable for 6, many thanks in advance. Tracy

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,653 posts
84 reviews
117 helpful votes
1. Re: st ives

Reasonable is very subjective, what is reasonable to you will be expensive to someone else.

Have a look at some of these to start you off.

stives.co.uk/holiday-cottages-in-st-ives.htm

A good way to proceed would be to short list a few you like the look of then ask for advice in the forum as people may have experience of the particular cottages.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: st ives

Wow that was quick, i understand what you mean by reasonable im all for paying my way and appreciate value for money its just that some places try it on due to time of year or popularity of a place, but thanks for your suggestions every bit helps.Tracy

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,653 posts
84 reviews
117 helpful votes
3. Re: st ives

St Ives tends to be on the expensive side as it is a very popular destination. If you can come outside of school holiday times that can help a bit, but obviously if you have school age children that's not going to be possible.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: st ives

No can do my 16 year daughter is taking her exams in the next few weeks with the last ones in the last week of may and my son and his wife have both gotten the 3rd week of July off from work which is the same as my husband and i we are trying to surprise them by taking them on a holiday with us as they have not had one for 6 years plus we all are in love with St Ives, our good deed is turning out so far to be mission impossible! but ever the optomist i will not be defeated. Tracy

Stalybridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
95 reviews
103 helpful votes
5. Re: st ives

Might be an idea if you share with us your budget for the week as that will indicate whether it is doable or impossible. There are places a bit further out from St Ives that are close enough but would require less budget. It is a pricey week unfortunately and that is everywhere, not just St Ives.

Suzi

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: st ives

Was originally looking around 800 as this has gotten us some nice cottages in the lake district but this dosnt seem to be possible in st ives so ive upped it to around a grand,

Stalybridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
95 reviews
103 helpful votes
7. Re: st ives

Okay, I'll see what I can come up with. Always say you never know :)

Suzi

Stalybridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
95 reviews
103 helpful votes
8. Re: st ives

Just to confirm, do you mean the week commencing Saturday 14th or the week after?

Thanks.

Suzi

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
9. Re: st ives

You are very helpful thank you, its is sat the 21st we are looking for.

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: st ives

Hello Sharpes,

Wow, St. Ives is extremely expensive. I found two possible places in Hayle which is very close to St Ives:

Kerrow Lodge: Hollidaylettings.co.uk, home no. 102952 just under £ 800

Trevithick Court: Hollidaylettings.co.uk, home no. 9172 £ 850

They are still showing availability for 21 July.

Have a look and good luck!

Elfin

Get answers to your questions about St Ives
Recent Conversations