We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Whites" in st ives

midlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
"Whites" in st ives

Is it true that 'Whites' in Fore Street St ives is closing? Hope not!!!

st Ives
Level Contributor
153 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Whites" in st ives

Yes it's true. Derek White is selling up and retiring. Premises are on the market, but no takers yet. Whites, also owned the free hold to the fish shop in Back Street, which is now empty and available to rent/buy.. I expect a national chain will be in there soon. Wetherspoons have already taken on the Isobar premises. St ives is changing!

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Whites" in st ives

Oh no, that will be a real loss. Such a fabulous shop :(

midlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Whites" in st ives

I agree.I have bought many things from there!! Hope St Ives doesnt change too much!!

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Whites" in st ives

I've bought lots of items from there too. I always look in the window going past. I wonder if anyone knows when they are closing? I bet they will be long gone when I get back down there. What a shame It's a pretty big space too so I hope that it gets filled by a shop that will be useful to local people as well and not just holidaymakers.

Suzi

Edited: 06 February 2012, 20:38
5. Re: "Whites" in st ives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 19:25
Get answers to your questions about St Ives
Recent Conversations