We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant on Christmas Day

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant on Christmas Day

It seems that almost all restaurants will be closed.

Where can visitors to Cambridge get food on Christmas Day?

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
154 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

Maybe one of the hotels? There will be a few pubs that will be serving food at lunchtime, but they will only be for people who have pre-booked and will not be cheap... As you have noted, the vast majority of places will be shut.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

are you just in Cambridge for Xmas Day? If so you may struggle to find food, you will definitely have to prebook, if you are staying overnight in a hotel see if they are offering a Xmas day menu.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,476 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

I was in a branch of Bella Italia yesterday. I noticed they had a sign up saying they are open on Christmas day:

bellaitalia.co.uk/news/have-a-bella-christmas

It appears this is 'branch-wide' and there are a couple of branches in Cambridge.

Probably wise to book though.

Bon Appetite

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

We are booked in at The Jolly Brewers in Milton. It's a fantastic venue, you will not be disappointed. WWW.JOLLYBREWERSMILTON.CO.UK

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

Hi, Bella Italia has a branch in the Grafton centre, Cambridge Lesuire Park and the old Mill, they have a website http://www.bellaitalia.co.uk but a lot of places will require you to book ahead and pay a deposit,

Not sure what places like Fountain Inn are doing, as I don't walk that way, but the hotels would be doing food but Deja Vu? The Italian top of Regent Street does do things around Christmas but do expect to pay extra due to increased wages etc.

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

Doubletree - £94.95

Hotel du Vin - £79

Crowne Plaza - £64.95

Browns £60

D'Arry's - £57.50

Cafe Rouge - £50

Gonville - £49.95

Strada - £40

Granta (Pub) - £37.50

and so on ...

Just Google for Christmas day lunch Cambridge and you will come up with several more places. Christmas Day lunch is always very expensive (at least twice normal price) and you can't often turn up on the day, you need to book - and sometimes make a deposit some time in advance.

Some ethnic restaurants will also be open serving their usual menus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

As my family has a tradition of eating Chinese Food on Christmas Day, we were desperate to find a place open in Cambridge . When we lived in London Chinatown was filled with Americans (like us) on Christmas Day.

We called around and found that Spring Chinese and Cantonese at 66 Mill Road CB1 2AS is indeed open until 10 pm.

I hope this is helpful.

8. Re: Restaurant on Christmas Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 21:17