We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

Good idea? Cheapest? Fly from Bristol to Dublin - then back to Bristol (seven days later) when it's time to for me to fly back home to the states, take train to airport - Heathrow? Better idea??

Thank you in advance!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,845 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

WHY? All it does is add several hours to your travel time and increases the risk of missing your flight home.

Fly to Heathrow from Dublin - preferably by adding a flight to your existing ticket home

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

A Dublin-Heathrow flight will be more expensive than Dublin-Bristol, but when you add in the train fare and the cost of getting from BIA to Temple Meads, the difference is likely to be marginal. Fly direct to Heathrow.

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
835 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

It is a great plan if you are hoping to stop off in Bristol on the way back, otherwise I would get two singles one Bristol to Dublin the other Dublin to Heathrow, Bristol is a far cheaper and more friendly place to stop over than anything London can offer but as has already been said, if you are just trying to save a few pounds on your airfare it could easily be taken back by the trains etc.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,925 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

Fly www.aerlingus.com into Heathrow as their airfares are on a par with bus fares !!

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

Thank you everyone! Yes, I see the folly in this plan. I have booked two one ways.

6. Re: Good idea? fly to dublin and back - take train to Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2013, 20:25