We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best city centre pub for watching sport

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best city centre pub for watching sport

Hi,

I will be in the city centre this weekend and was hoping for some good suggestions of where might be good to watch the FA Cup Final? Good for atmosphere... lots of screens etc.

If they also do food and have a good drinks selection - that's a bonus!

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best city centre pub for watching sport

The Walkabout on Corn st has loads of screens and will be busy and should have a decent atmosphere. Food is Aussie style pub grub and beers selection so so.

The Old Molloys on Baldwin st has recently reopened as the Burkett Tap. They have a load of screens in there and now have a decent craft beer range and have also improved their menu, so could be your best bet.

BSB on the Waterfront has a number of screens and is also quite popular as a Sports bar again beers so so, food I think is ok.

Another possibility is the Old Fish Market, also on Baldwin street another popular venue for sports, beer selection and food are quite decent, though the venue can often get quite packed so would advise you arrive early if you try there.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,317 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best city centre pub for watching sport

I once watched a game in The Crown next to St Nicholas Market. There was a good atmosphere and they do food.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best city centre pub for watching sport

Shore Bar on the harbour is also a good spot, and Prince Street social are doing a Wedding / Cup Final promo

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best city centre pub for watching sport

Thank you all for the kind suggestions! Will definitely end up in one of these places... and will probably visit a few of them on Saturday. It's been a good 15 years since I lived in Bristol, so I would not have had a clue.

Reply to: Best city centre pub for watching sport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted