We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Anyone used Compass?

Perth
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Anyone used Compass?

I will be visiting the Uk in June and have found Compass Car Hire to be the most competitive from the quotes I've had. Has anyone used them, please let me know if you'd recommend them.

many thanks

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,675 Reviews
from USD 123.20*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,250 Reviews
from USD 125.90*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
747 Reviews
from USD 103.10*
West Aussie
Level Contributor
306 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Anyone used Compass?

Have sent you a PM, as reply quite long-winded . . . but a simple answer was my experience was good, so much so have recently booked through them again.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Anyone used Compass?

PaintedSkies

I have the same question. Any problems with them, especially picking up and dropping off at Heathrow if you have any experience with that.

Thanks

Rennie

West Aussie
Level Contributor
306 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Anyone used Compass?

When you book with Compass, your booking in the UK will actually utilise Enterprise rent-a-car. You may like to compare dealing direct vs. the rate when booking with Compass.

For our requirements, Compass was well ahead. You will need to look at things like whether a second driver (if applicable) is included in the base rate (it’s generally included with Compass) etc etc.

Our experience with Compass was very smooth and although we had issues with Enterprise initially, they fixed the problem . . . . . so happy to book via this means again if the price is favourable, and consequently we are doing so later this year.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience out of Heathrow, we travelled one way from London to Edinburgh.

Enjoy your travels . . . . .

4. Re: Car Hire - Anyone used Compass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 18:19