We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London with 12, 10 and 8

california
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
London with 12, 10 and 8

I get the chance to bring my kids to London for 3 days and I have not been there in about 15 years. I am so excited but I know things must be quite different from when I was there last.

I am looking for a medium-priced hotel that is central to the Theatre District (we will be attending the Harry Potter show at the Palace Theatre). I have stayed near the British Museum in the past and that was always a good choice. But I am wondering if there may be some newer, more classic London types of places to stay that would be fun for my kids. Any hotel suggestions?

Also...if anyone has gone recently with similar aged children, I would love any suggestions. I would love to get a theatre tour of the Globe or the National. We will do just a little bit of museum time so I have to be selective to keep them engaged. High Tea one day at a fancy hotel would be fun.

I am grateful to any suggestions and ideas!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour...
35,083 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
Palace Theatre
Palace Theatre
876 Reviews
London, UK
The British Museum
The British Museum
63,101 Reviews
London, UK
The Globe
The Globe
533 Reviews
Topsham, UK
The National
The National
467 Reviews
Belfast, UK
1 reply
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London with 12, 10 and 8

Hi, no advice on hotels. But for activities, the favorites of my girls who were 9 at the time (and we traveled with cousins ages, 8, 11, and 14) were the Tower of London (really appeals to all ages and a great place to run around a bit), the London Eye (we only went on this because the kids wanted to go and we all loved it - great views), and the Harry Potter Warner Bros. studio tour (takes a half day plus - but was really cool even for the adults).

One thing to remember is that a lot of museums and sites have scavenger hunts for children, which can make less "child-friendly" sites more exciting. One of my favorite places is Westminster Abbey, which I think might have not been the most thrilling place for kids. However, there is scavenger hunt (that was surprisingly difficult at times) that got kids of all ages involved.

Mentioned in this post
Tower of London
Tower of London
55,725 Reviews
London, UK
The London
The London
179 Reviews
Bridlington, UK
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour...
35,083 Reviews