We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damage to rental car (UK)

Ashford, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Damage to rental car (UK)

Hi

I was hoping someone could give me a bit of information regarding some charges for damage to a rental car. Basically I hired a car from Europcar and the vehicle was almost 2 years old so it had a fair bit of existing damage.

I was unlucky enough to get someone scratch the rear bumper whilst I was parked in a supermarket car park however this part of the bumper had pre-existing damage which is listed on the damage report I got when I picked up the vehicle.

My question is does anyone know whether I will be liable for the full cost of repairing the bumper or would I be charged for just part of the repair as I am assuming the previous renter had already paid to get their damage repaired?

I am liable for upto £1000 for the excess.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,597 Reviews
from USD 119.50*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
737 Reviews
from USD 107.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,224 Reviews
from USD 109.90*
USD 122.10
4 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Damage to rental car (UK)

why not ask Europcar

Europe
Level Contributor
16,772 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Damage to rental car (UK)

Wrong forum, I’m afraid.

This forum is for technical help and assistance using the TA site, and isn’t intended as a general travel concierge enquiry service, but I are a brand new member so perhaps haven’t found your way around the forums yet

Welcome anyway!

If it was a car rental in the U.K., you could post your question in the U.K. Forum, to learn of other peoples experience and here’s a link to it..

Otherwise, ask the rental company direct

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186…

Kind regards

Mon

Edited: 15 May 2018, 23:17
Ashford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Damage to rental car (UK)

Apologies, I had no idea where to post my question

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
81,782 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Damage to rental car (UK)

As a new user of the site, I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum, important information, and other details. As an example, the sticky at the top of this forum is;

"PLEASE READ: How to use the Support forum!" and has a push-pin icon beside it.

Best Regards

Reply to: Damage to rental car (UK)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted