We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fry up and beer near St Pancras

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fry up and beer near St Pancras

Folks, I will be taking a trip soon that involves passing though London, Paris and Barcelona. My intention is to have breakfast in London, lunch in Paris and dinner in Barcelona. I intend to have some sort of local meal and beer in each place. I will be at St Pancras train station for breakfast. I would like to visit a place near the train station that does a fry up but also servers alcohol, preferably something like Meantime London Lager or similar.

I'll be able to get a breakfast for approx. 2 hours between 6.30am and 8.30am when I need to check in for the Eurostar. Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
9 replies to this topic
Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

I think you will struggle to find anywhere serving alcohol at that hour near St.Pancras. The only places I know with an early licence are the Hope on Cowcross Street and the Fox and Anchor on Charterhouse Street (both Smithfield) and the Market porter in Borough Market.

The Fox and Anchor will definitely do you breakfast, not sure about the other 2 - I suggest you ask them.

Early morning licences were generally only given to pubs for market traders, which these all were. The Smithfield pubs will be the most convenient for St.Pancras.

Mentioned in this post
Hope
Hope
Hope Valley, UK
Fox & Anchor
Fox & Anchor
177 Reviews
London, UK
The Charterhouse
The Charterhouse
145 Reviews
London, UK
The Market Porter
The Market Porter
345 Reviews
London, UK
Borough Market
Borough Market
10,472 Reviews
London, UK
Essex
Level Contributor
30,371 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

The O'Neills pub opposite St Pancras does breakfast and just might serve you a pint with food

BUT does not open until 8am

There are some good caffs around the local area for your breakfast, but only with a cuppa, not beer.....

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

Thanks folks. 8am is within my timescale. I'll check Google maps and see which is closest then move along if I need to. Much appreciated folks.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,371 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

If they open at 8 then, by the time your breakfast is cooked, I can't see you getting it eaten and be at the Eurostar check in by 8.30.... Does not sound much like fun to me!

But you could find a caff that's open, have the fry up then go to the O'Neills for a beer,,perhaps.

There's a couple of caffs on the Grey's Inn road, not too far away.

Cappadocia Cafe is near Kings X

Carmel Cafe is a bit further down the road, opposite the junction with Frederick Street.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 00:55
Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

Fox and anchor and the Hope open at 7am (check if Hope serves breakfast). Kings x to Farringdon takes 2 minutes on the Tube.

Mentioned in this post
Fox & Anchor
Fox & Anchor
177 Reviews
London, UK
Hope
Hope
Hope Valley, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

The bar in the Eurostar departure lounge is open from 06:00, but doesn't serve fry ups.

So you could have breakfast in one of the cafes near St Pancras, and then have a drink after check in, security and passport control.

Also, M&S at St Pancras is open for alcohol sales from 07:00 if you want to buy something to take on the train with you.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,371 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

The Booking Office Bar in the St Pancras Hotel opens at 6.30am and do a wide breakfast selection

Including a champagne breakfast (so they might serve you a beer)

It's pricey, though

stpancraslondon.com/en/…

Mentioned in this post
The Booking Office
The Booking Office
937 Reviews
London, UK
Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

Thanks for this, actually might be a better option based on some of the comments. The beer is more important than the fry up, not because I'm a morning drinker but just for the theme of local beers throughout my journey. My friends are all flying to Spain but I don't like flying so they'll be getting updates of my journey with beer being the theme.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fry up and beer near St Pancras

My last response was based on the suggestion by "PaulDuncan" of using the Eurostar departure lounge.

Reply to: Fry up and beer near St Pancras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted