We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets

Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
128 posts
28 reviews
Train tickets

Help me! I bought tickets for tomorrow from the Bethnal Green Overground station to Oxford. We are actually closer to the Bethnal Green Underground station and end up on the central line before we get to our train anyway. Can I just leave from the Underground station using my Oyster card and use my ticket when I get to the actual train? Or do I have to start at Bethnal Green Overground to use tickets later in this trip?

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,733 Reviews
from USD 122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,271 Reviews
from USD 125.00*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
770 Reviews
from USD 102.40*
2 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
1 review
1. Re: Train tickets

"Can I just leave from the Underground station using my Oyster card and use my ticket when I get to the actual train?"

Yes, you can definitely do this and just show your ticket as you join the train at Paddington.

You may possibly (I will defer to Londoners' expertise on this) be able to use your ticket on the Underground instead of Overground, and not have to pay again on Oyster. You can check with the attendant at the gate, anyway. You would be using the Underground anyway at some point to reach Paddington?

If your ticket says "London Terminals" to Oxford and has "Z12" on it, then I think that would certainly be fine to do. Maybe someone else can advise on this.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
1 review
2. Re: Train tickets

Edit: I forgot you can now get Chiltern trains to Oxford from Marylebone, as well as GWR from Paddington. But exactly the same applies.

Reply to: Train tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted