We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To activate eticket for train bought through Trainline UK

Kampot, Cambodia
2 posts
Save Topic
To activate eticket for train bought through Trainline UK

I bought the e-tickets for train in the UK from Trainline UK online booking services for the transfer from Manchester Airport to Preston. The tickets are stored in my phone, but it can be activated only on the travel day by using the credit card. Since I travel to UK from abroad, I am concerned That I will be in trouble because I do not the SIM valid for UK. Trainline UK does not favor a communication with the customer. Kindly advise if you have a solution for this encounter. Thanks

Meilleures ventes
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,597 Reviews
from USD 119.50*
Meilleures ventes
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
737 Reviews
from USD 107.80*
Offre Spéciale
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,224 Reviews
from USD 109.90*
USD 122.10
3 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To activate eticket for train bought through Trainline UK

Do you have a booking reference? You should be able to collect paper tickets from a station machine as long as you have the booking reference and the credit card used for the purchase.

For the future note that that the trainline dot com is not well thought of here - it charges booking fees which the operators do not.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,272 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To activate eticket for train bought through Trainline UK

There are several good reasons to avoid the trainline. It's not just the extra fees, but also the fact that they are a reseller. This means that railway staff will not be able to help you if you have issues retrieving your ticket.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,199 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To activate eticket for train bought through Trainline UK

Do you actually have an eticket? What you are describing sounds like a mobile ticket.

https:/…what-are-mobile-tickets-and-etickets

Reply to: To activate eticket for train bought through Trainline UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted