We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Yorkshire to Peterhead - where to stay?

London
1 post
South Yorkshire to Peterhead - where to stay?

We're planning to base our summer holiday around a trip to visit relatives in Peterhead.

We are travelling with 2 primary school aged kids so need somewhere with family-friendly sights/activities and ideally don't want to be spending more than 5 hours per day in the car.

We'll be driving from South Yorkshire so we'll need a stop-over on the way up and back down (with 2 nights in Peterhead) - max 10 days away in total.

I've been warned that the East coast of Scotland may not have enough to do and it's not a particularly attractive coastline - especially if the weather's not great.

Any recommendations or ideas please??

2 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
1 review
1. Re: South Yorkshire to Peterhead - where to stay?

Assuming you're taking the A1, the coast between the border and Edinburgh has lots of attractive spots - have a look at Eyemouth, Dunbar or North Berwick, for instance.

Crathie
Level Contributor
984 posts
2. Re: South Yorkshire to Peterhead - where to stay?

>> I've been warned that the East coast of Scotland may not have enough to do and it's not a particularly attractive coastline - especially if the weather's not great. <<

Whoever told you that is quite wrong. There is plenty to see and do for all the family in Aberdeenshire and the following website will give you some pointers. We may not have the dramatic scenery associated with the west of Scotland over here, but nevertheless the area is worth a visit.

If you have any further questions or want to know more then you might consider opening a new thread on the Aberdeenshire forum. I'm sure you will receive good feedback.

Enjoy your trip :-)

www.visitabdn.com

Reply to: South Yorkshire to Peterhead - where to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted