We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel

Driffield
2 posts
2 reviews
Train travel

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a website that let's you search UK/European train travel - by date rather than destination?

Like skyscaner does with flights?

Cheers

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,728 Reviews
from USD 123.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,269 Reviews
from USD 126.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
763 Reviews
from USD 103.30*
4 replies to this topic
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
1 review
1. Re: Train travel

Not really - you mean "trains to anywhere in Switzerland" or something like that?

www.seat61.com has a page for every European country, so suggest reading through that to get an overview of the possible destinations, then looking up times at www.bahn.com or www.loco2.com.

Remember if you are going to a big city you can search on e.g. "Paris (all stations)" - there's no need to know the specific station.

For almost all long distance trains you get the cheapest fares by booking well in advance - generally 3 months, but sometimes more. Last minute bargains are not really a thing.

There is also a specific TA Train Travel forum which this question might be better asked in.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 19:00
Driffield
2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Train travel

I'll try that thanks.

But I was really looking for something that showed major destinations e.g. London, Edinburgh, Paris... Ect and let you look by date.

I can go at any time, to anywhere, but I only want to go places that I can get a great special on $$$

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
3. Re: Train travel

In the UK you can look for advance fares which offer good prices. Easily searched on TOC websites. Most released 12 weeks in advance but some 24 weeks.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,696 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: Train travel

The Virgin Trains Best Fare Finder is sort of what you are looking for, but you can only search for cheap tickets on Virgin Trains services.

https:/…Default.aspx

Reply to: Train travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted