We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Streets for great pics of Canterbury Cathedral

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
31 reviews
Streets for great pics of Canterbury Cathedral

Hi Canterbury residents. I have a day trip to your lovely city and was hoping to be told of certain streets, or lanes etc to capture great pics of the cathedral during approach to it please.

1 reply
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
196 reviews
1. Re: Streets for great pics of Canterbury Cathedral

Hi geri, currently the west towers and have roof are covered in scaffolding as part of a major restoration project, this impacts on some of the views I would usually recommend.

The central, main tower is not affected by the scaffolding and the classic view of this tower is looking down Butchery Lane from the section of the high street called The Parade.

The other great view of the central tower is from St Margaret’s Street, at the junction with Hawks Lane. A similar but more distant view is available from Castle Street.

From these positions you can only see the tower, not the rest of the cathedral. As I said, other views where you can see more of the cathedral are massively affected by the scaffolding so I won’t mention them.

Reply to: Streets for great pics of Canterbury Cathedral
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted