We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

Any suggestions?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,519 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

How about Helen H out of Hyannis if you want a 4 hour party boat experience or, for a charter, check out the ones at Rock Harbor (Orleans).

Boston...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

One of the coupons sites offered the Helen H at a discount

Not sure if it is still available - we bought several for our family members who will be vacationing with on the Cape later this summer.

Here is the link

www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/deal/3122

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

Thank you Charlie and Avid. I check them out.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

Check out Jail Break Charters out of Harwich Port. I just fished with Captain Seamus last week and it was awesome - lots and lots of big fish.

I think his website is: www.jailbreakcharters.com

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

Thanks for the tip. I will check this out.

Elbridge, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

Went out today with Captain Seamus Muldoon and his dog, Duffy, on the Jail Break (Jailbreakcharters.com) out of Harwichport. We had a blast. We had fish (blues and strippers) on the line within minutes of arriving at our first fishing stop. As a matter of fact, we ended up throwing several fish back in. We continued to catch fish all morning. We were catching fish when others within our sight were not. We will definitely book another trip with Captain Muldoon in the near future. Thanks Seamus for a great morning of fishing!

Oakville...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

I strongly suggest Captain Seamus who runs the boat jail break out of Harwichport. We took a trip with him last week and it was great!

Oakville...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

WOW! What a great time with Captain Seamus and first mate Duffy (his lab)..Seamus took great care to involve the kids first, it was a beautiful morning, and we caught a bunch of fish. I would suggest Seamus and the Jailbreak for certain and look forward to personally going out again soon. Thanks Seamus!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,519 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

It looks like Capt Seamus gets a lot of good reviews as a charter vessel. Can anyone share their fishing results from doing a 1/2 day party boat trip? We would love to catch striped bass and I think I've seen some that guarantee a catch of some sort.

Edited: 25 July 2011, 23:46
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Deep Sea Fishing - Cape Cod late July

Yes, Capt Seamus is one of the boats with such guarantee - his 'NO FISH, NO CHARGE' policy on his striped bass and bluefish trips ensures that you wont pay for the charter if you dont catch any fish. That is actually why we chose to charter him. We were a group of four so we were able to bring home 8 fish (2 per person is the law and Capt Seamus adamantly stuck to it) but we caught and released many, many more fish. In fact, I stopped counting after releasing about 20 bass. I've never seen so many big fish before - and so many humpback whales too for that matter! It was a great trip.