We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malcesine or Limone

Which Lake Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
329 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Malcesine or Limone

We are planning a trip to Lake Garda in early April but can't decide between Malcesine and Limone.

The things we are looking for are:

Resort must be easy to get to form the Airport ( Verona or Berscia not fussed)

A possible day trips to the Dolomites and Verona

The resort must have shops as we intend to go for selfcatering

Any suggestion would be very helpful

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,293 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malcesine or Limone

Personally I prefer Malcesine, a bigger resort, and little more on the flat, Limone really is very hilly,

and on the right side of the lake for Verona,

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malcesine or Limone

I think that Malch' takes it on all counts, it is a bigger town for the shopping, it is easier for the Verona transfer and to re-visit Verona.

As for the Dolomites, I doubt the day tour trips will be up and running then which leaves hire car option or a bus into Riva for the Rovereto train and on from there. Not easy to do this out of season, speaking of which we once went there in May and could not see the other side of the lake for 4 days due to low cloud ! Not unusual I'm told in the early part of the year.

Bob.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,179 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malcesine or Limone

Malcesine - you are on the spot to go up the mountain on the cable car. Handy if you can't get to the Dolomites and want to go up Monte Baldo instead.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Malcesine or Limone

Although Limone is very pretty it is also a bit more for the blue rinse brigade!!!

Malcesine as has been said has Monte Baldo with its amazing cable car and you can spend a good half day up there stopping for lunch in one of the mountain restaurants too.

There are more shops and Riva is also easy to reach which has even better shops.

Verona is a must too. So I would go for Malcesine.

5. Re: Malcesine or Limone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda