We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamburg to Edinburgh through Amsterdam

Save Topic
Hamburg to Edinburgh through Amsterdam

I have been booked tickets from university to go from Hamburg to Edinburgh through Schiphol and the transfer time allowed is 50 mins. I realize this is a bit tight considering long queues at passport control so I was wondering if apart from passport check I will have to go through security again? Also, I was thinking to buy sky priority in order to speed up the process.. Do you know if that is possible to buy during check in?

2 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,714 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamburg to Edinburgh through Amsterdam

No security , only passport controls. Look for the short connection lane at passport control.

You can't buy Sky Priority. It is a benefit of KLM's frequent flyer program.

If your flight is on time you should make it. If not then KLM will put you on a later flight if there is space.

There are direct flights to EDI from Hamburg on Easyjet and Ryanair. Always best to take direct connections.

Level Contributor
7,591 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamburg to Edinburgh through Amsterdam

It is unlikely that university travel departments can book flights on Ryanair or Easyjet as neither airline is on the system. While in theory there is nothing stopping a university travel department from logging onto easyjet.com or ryanair.com to book online, in practice it's not something that corporate travel departments will generally do.

Reply to: Hamburg to Edinburgh through Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Schiphol
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question