We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me please. I am flying in to Schiphol Airport and have a three hour wait and wanted to treat myself to an airport lounge. I belong to the dragon pass scheme so get discount on some lounges. I am flying on from Schiphol to Abu dahbi and all is says on my ticket is departure 2. The lounge I can access with my pass is the aspire 41 lounge at terminal 3 would I be able to still access my flight if I go to this lounge please or can you not move between terminals once you’ve passed through security. I have to purchase in advance to get the discount but don’t want to buy it then find out I can’t use it

Thanks

Maggie

11 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,466 posts
226 reviews
1. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Hi there,

You cannot switch between Schengen and non-Schengen areas once you've moved into one. And this one is in non-Schengen where also your flight to AUH will leave from. Hence the proper area ;-)

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,421 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

The short answer is Yes, you can. The airport is divided into 2 parts, flights to Schengen destinations and flights to non-Schengen destinations such as your destination. This is a more practical way of thinking of things vs the designation of departures 1, 2 or 3 which is only relevant "landside." Aspire Lounge 41 is in the non-Schengen area.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,181 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Yes don't think of Schiphol as having terminals. It is not like LGW or LHR for instance where terminals are all in different buildings.

AMS is all one building and as said lounge 41 is what you want.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
4. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Don't expect too much from aspire lounge 41 though; it's fairly basic. If I had to pay for it myself I would instead find myself a quiet corner of the airport with a view instead. Especially the very ends of the piers have a great view, have comfy chairs and are usually very quiet, and there is free wifi. With the money you'd save you could buy yourself a much better meal in one of the restaurants. The buffet in the aspire is pretty uninspiring.

Edited: 17 October 2017, 21:30
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,421 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

I personally disagree with the above re: Aspire. It is by no means a world class lounge but we find it a much more comfortable place to pass a couple hours than the usually bustling terminal. The coffee is good, the seating comfortable, they have an in-lounge smoking room if that is important, and the buffet is what I would call 'good enough' for what it is. And of course, once in, it's all free which is handy for those who gain costless entry with whatever ticket, card or membership they may have. So I guess in part it might depend on how much the OP has to pay with discount.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
6. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Of course if it's free it's fine, but the OP is mentioning it as a treat so presumably has to pay for it himself. Depends on what you pay and what you expect for that money... If a nice meal is what you want there are other options.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,815 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Delta comps me a Priority Club Pass. Check into paying for one if you travel very much. Isn't too much more than entering a club once if I remember correctly and you can use it all over the world.

https:/…airport-lounges

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Airport lounges at Schiphol Airport

Oh that’s great to know. Thank you for your help

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews