We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Needs?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Needs?

Hello! Traveling from Montreal for a few days in MT. Are there suggestions for a reasonably priced grocery store on the way? Thank you much!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Needs?

Lots of options.

The two I shop at are the IGA, on the 117 as you approach the St Jovite sector of Tremblant. There are 3 grocery stores in a row, right by the highway. I find the IGA offers the best selection, it is the most similar to US grocery stores.

The second is Bourrassa. It is in the heart of St Jovite. It started life as a supplier to restos, but has morphed in to a great store for health food items, and their cheese fridge is a sight to behold. They also sell fresh bagels, bakery goods, dairy, meat and all fruit and veg.

Beer can be bought at either store. Good wine can only be bought at the SAQ in ST Jovie or at the resort with an added resort tax.

Food is way more pricey here than in the US< but you will be benefitting from your strong US $$, so it will not seem so terrible.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Needs?

There is no need to shop enroute. Just go directly from Montreal to Mont-Tremblant. Like bogwoppit, I also prefer IGA and Bourassa, but also shop at Metro (about a 1 to 2 minute walk from Bourassa) and on the same side of the street.

The SAQ in St-Jovite is on the opposite side of the street and about 1 to 2 minute walk from Bourassa in the opposite direction from Metro. If you plan to cook something very special that requires unusual ingredients, you should buy them in Montreal. Frankly, though, there really isn't much that would not be available in one of the Mont-Tremblant stores mentioned. We often find ingredients there that are not commonly sold in Michigan.

Edited: 18 May 2016, 11:43
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Needs?

I agree tylerarb, the Metro is my "mid week" shopping place. Nice little grocery store with friendly staff and a good butcher counter.

4. Re: Grocery Needs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 16:17