We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy used skis late in season?

Washington DC...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to buy used skis late in season?

I'm looking to buy new (or "new to me" used) skis when I'm in Mt. Treblant area in late March. Recreational average skier who skis mostly greens with some blues - nothing fancy but something more modern than my current set which are 17 years old. Can someone recommend a specific shop to go to that has reasonable prices and which can make them available to me to use within a day or so? I'd like to be able to use them on this trip. Or does anyone have a "rent to buy" option that would allow me to try them out and them buy if I like them?

3 replies to this topic
Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy used skis late in season?

I don't know if they sell used skis, but they do sell new and they rent as well, so perhaps they sell the rental equipment at the end of the season.

In any case, the best ski shop in the area is Daniel Lachance. I would call them to see if used skis are in their inventory or if not, whether they can refer you to someone else. They speak English in addition to French. Phone number: (819) 425-8985.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,620 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy used skis late in season?

Any of the shops will be looking at ;selling their DEMO skis and or their rentals at the end of March. As pointed out Daniel Lachance is about the best shop but there are many in the pedestrian area of Tremblant and also in town (St Jovite).

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy used skis late in season?

I got a good deal at a sale at the church in tremblant. But I think it's only a once a year type thing.

Reply to: where to buy used skis late in season?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted