We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

I'm considering a road trip from Western MA through the Eastern Townships to Quebec City. I've been to Montreal and the Laurentians, so don't want to re-trace steps if possible. What should I be sure to do. I'm a foodie, by the way, and would likely spend more on a meal than on a room. I'm not at all opposed to great accomodations, but don't totally require them either. Thanks, Claire

Massawippi Rides
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Boat Hire
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

Hi Claire, the Eastern Townships are a pretty area offering year round activity. For more on what to do their I would first suggest visiting the website easterntownships.org. If you are a wine lover their is a wine trail you can follow and stop at some local wineries and sample and/or buy their wares.

For foodies, I know that Manoir Hovey in Hatley offers one of the best restaurants in the area and is highly regarded. In fact we are staying there in a few weeks. It is a bit expensive but the cost includes both dinner and breakfast. It is also situated on a beautiful lake with lots of activites. You don't have to stay there to eat there as I know you can find less expensive accomodations in nearby Magog.

I don't know how long you plan on staying in the area, but in the trip I mentioned above we are only staying in the area 2 nights before heading towards Montreal, and then QC.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

JDP

MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

Thanks so much. Safe travels! - Claire

3. Re: One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about North Hatley