We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching in Saint Andrews

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
23 reviews
Whale Watching in Saint Andrews

There appear to be at least three whale watch companies operating out of Saint Andrews. Can anyone recommend or offer pros/cons of any of these tour companies? Any other words of wisdom would be appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Whale Watching in Saint Andrews

Hi! I've taken a number of them. The most exciting is probably the zodiac, as you are going fast, and you're wearing a full body life suit, and you're very close to the water. A more personal up-close experience! The best is Fundy Tiderunners.

IF you want a very leisurely, spacious experience where you can walk around and enjoy the views, then I'd recommend Quoddy Link.

If you want leisurely but also an exciting and just all around cool experience, take the big sail on the Jolly Breeze :) A beautiful boat.

In the end, the zodiac was my favourite, as I enjoyed being close to the water and feeling the spray in my face. But I also enjoyed the relaxed touring on the larger boats as well. Good Luck!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Whale Watching in Saint Andrews

Thanks, Fred. Very helpful info. Now to decide.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Whale Watching in Saint Andrews

No problem! p.s. if you have the tendency to get sea sick, I'd recommend taking something before you depart. I think the zodiac was more "bumpy" than the Quoddy Link as you are right in the waves. I found it was fine but I don't seem to mind waves much!

Ohio
Level Contributor
59 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Whale Watching in Saint Andrews

I went with Quoddy twice and had a great experience both times. We saw whales and other sea life both times.They were very knowledgeable. The ride wasn't very bumpy.

If you choose the Jolly Breeze, be aware it is a much slower boat than the others so it may not have the range to find the whales. One of the days they were the 1st boat to leave the dock and all 3 of the other boats passed them.

canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Whale Watching in Saint Andrews

We went on the Quoddy Link this summer and had a marvelous trip. Younger travellers may prefer the zodiac, but I did not want to wear a life suit that hundreds of other people had shared and be bounced about on the ocean. The Jolly Breeze looked interesting too but we were happy with out choice.

Reply to: Whale Watching in Saint Andrews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Andrews