We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kicking Horse Mtn Resort - 1 day trip

Baytown
Level Contributor
126 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Kicking Horse Mtn Resort - 1 day trip

Staying at a vacation rental home near Kicking Horse Mtn Resort

group of 12 (ages 61 to 16)

Looking for advice on a day trip from Kicking Horse (Golden area)

Already doing Yoho NP park one day

Already doing Columbian Icefields one day

Already doing Lake Louise /Gondala one day

So, basically I'm thinking either Radium Hot Springs/Kootenay NP area

OR

Glacier NP (Canada)

We like moderate hikes and plan to bring food for picnic

When I looked online, the Hot springs is basically like a swimming pool, not the "hot bubbling pools" you think of after visiting Yellowstone. So, swimming pool type of experience doesn't interest our group.

Thought?

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
771 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kicking Horse Mtn Resort - 1 day trip

Take the gondola up the mountain and hike around the top have lunch at the restaurant up there. Beautiful place and beautiful views.

Tampa
Level Contributor
47 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kicking Horse Mtn Resort - 1 day trip

Not sure when you are going?!? You've probably already gone and returned home. But I would skip the Gondola at Lake Louise and do the one at Kicking Horse. I would also do the Hot Springs at Radium, especially if you are hiking. Nothing feels so good as the hot springs after a day of hiking. The setting is beautiful. While the "pool" is a "swimming pool", it has Sinclair Canyon as a back drop. I also like Kootenay National Park. If you are looking for a more natural Hot Springs, down the road a bit from Radium is Lussier Hot Springs at Whiteswan Provincial Park.

Glacier is a beautiful National Park too...but not much to do for moderate hiking. If you go that way, I would go on to Mtn Revelstoke National Park. The walk of the Giant Cedars is an amazing little hike and the "Meadows in the Sky" is worth a visit. But you could spend your time in Golden/Kicking Horse and really enjoy your time. There is a white water rafting river there. There is a float trip down the river through town. There is mountain biking and hiking trails and there is the highest restaurant in Canada at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort.

Reply to: Kicking Horse Mtn Resort - 1 day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted