We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 full days in Revelstoke

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
3 full days in Revelstoke

We are thinking of spending 3 full days in Revelstoke but wondering if there is enough to do for 3 full days.we know Revelstoke and Glacier Nationa park are nearby,but are there other scenic drives and easy to medium scenic hikes in the area or close by?thanks for every reply.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,578 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

I assume you've had a browse of their tourism website?

http://www.seerevelstoke.com

I really like Revelstoke, although only had two nights there, and we were super lucky to land there when they were having their lumberjack show, which was just fabulous. We didn't leave until 3 pm, which made for a really late arrival back home, but so worth it.

I think most places can keep you occupied for a while if you are willing to do some exploring. I also find I need time to sit and watch the world go by. I often regret not having more vacation time dedicated to sitting and relaxing.

If you are really hurting for things to do, I'd look at a day trip down to the Arrow Lakes. Ride the ferry for fun, maybe aim for Halcyon Hot Springs before turning back. Or just lunch in Nakusp if you prefer.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,437 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

The Railway Museum there is worthwhile, and good for a couple or three hours. I've never spent more than a couple of days in Revy (and used them for hiking in GNP, and have only scratched the surface there) but I'm pretty sure I could stay there longer and not have any trouble filling time. I still haven't done the "Meadows in the Sky" parkway drive in Mt. Revelstoke National Park, and I understand there is hiking there too.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,874 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

The road up to the Meadows takes 30-40 min to drive up to the top but once up there it is gorgeous. East of Revy by 20-30 minutes is the Giant Cedars Boardwalk which is gorgeous. No real elevation, but a wonderful system of wooden stairs up and down around the loop. Also consider The Pipe Mountain Coaster, a new addition at Revelstoke Mountain Resort: revelstokemountainresort.com/lessons-activit…

The Resort has a list of graded hikes as well in its website. They may be helpful for you: revelstokemountainresort.com/lessons-activit…

Don't know where you are coming from or going to, but the ferry across from Shelter Bay and Galena Bay is a treat, so if you are going down to Nelson, you will take it anyway, otherwise consider making a short trip out of it across to Galena Bay. It's free and being on the lake is very scenic.

We didn't go up to the Revelstoke Dam, but we seriously considered it.

Check 'em out.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

Thanks to everybody for their answers.

What is typically the weather at the beginning of September.we plan to go there from September 1 to 6, 2016.Flying in to Kelowna and from there to Revelstoke.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,437 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

Here is the weather from last September; you can change the year to view the previous several years too: …weather.gc.ca/climate_data/…

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,775 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

This weather site is very helpful. We will be in Revelstoke from Sept. 4 to 12 flying into Kelowna, the same as the OP. We have been before but at a different time of the year.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

Is it also worth to go the drive up north on Highway 23 for a bit? Are there some nice lookout points?

Revelstoke, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

You can easily spend three days here. There's lots of world class hikes outside the national parks, rafting on the Illecillewaet, kayaking on Lake Revelstoke, the hot springs south of town, scenic drive up Highway 23 north, heli-hiking with Selkirk Tangiers, mountain biking in the alpine, the coaster at Revelstoke Mountain Resort...

The weather in early September is usually great. It's generally sunny, but not too hot, and the nights are cool. Of course, this is a rainforest, so it could always rain, and even snow in the mountains.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

Are there any hikes at the Mountain resort or is there just the gondola going up with views?what we don't mind either

10. Re: 3 full days in Revelstoke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2017, 14:17