We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to spend between Revelstoke and Canmore

Pembroke PInes...
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How much time to spend between Revelstoke and Canmore

I have scheduled 3 nights Revelstoke, 3 Canmore and 3 Jasper in mid-September.

My husband and I are driving from Seattle.

Should I go with 2 in Revelstoke and 4 in Canmore? We are moderate/easy hikers but really love to see beautiful scenery, waterfalls, and especially any type of wildlife. I intend to go to the Lake Louise area from Canmore for one full day. The railway museum in Revelstoke also looks interesting.

My main thought - is there enough to do in Canmore and surrounding mountains, for three full days? or would we be better off to have 3 nights, two full days in Revelstoke and 3 nights, two full days in Canmore?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,733 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to spend between Revelstoke and Canmore

We usually think of Canmore as an alternate to staying in Banff or Lake Louise, and yes, there is plenty to do to fill three whole days, especially if you like hiking. Besides activities and hikes in the immediate Canmore area (or nearby Kananaskis Country, a provincial park), Banff, Kootenay and Yoho National Parks are close enough for sightseeing and hiking from a base in Canmore.

We usually recommend about six days, split between Banff and Jasper National Parks, as the minimum just to see the main scenic attractions - that doesn't include hiking time.

Edited: 11 May 2016, 02:20
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,962 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to spend between Revelstoke and Canmore

Yes, if you are thinking of Canmore as a base from which to see Banff, you could spend a week there. I like Revelstoke, and I'm sure you could fill your time there, but I don't think you'd regret more time in Canmore if you are able to book it. Availability could be an issue.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time to spend between Revelstoke and Canmore

while researching revelstoke, check out "meadows in the sky" and the "giant cedars boardwalk".

Revelstoke
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time to spend between Revelstoke and Canmore

Hello there and welcome to Canada!

Revelstoke has a wide range of activities to fill your stay! The community is located close to two National Parks: Mount Revelstoke National Park -(Hike to the Eva and Jade Lakes, explore an old growth Cedar forest, and even check out historical site like the Ski Jump and Fire Tower) & Glacier National Park - (Test out your hiking skills as you climb up to panoramic lookouts and glaciers!). For more information on trails and their difficulties, as well as information on current trail conditions and other National Parks check out Parks Canada's website here: pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/revelstoke/index.aspx

If you are interested in history, Revelstoke has three different museums to explore and browse! Find everything from the history of forestry - The Revelstoke Forestry Museum, the history of the railway - The Revelstoke Railway Museum, and the history of how the community came to be - Revelstoke Museum and Archives. For more information on Revelstoke's historical sites check out: seerevelstoke.com/listings/…

The possibilities don't stop there! For more information on things to do and see in Revelstoke check out: http://www.seerevelstoke.com/

If you have more questions or concerns don't hesitate to give us a call (1-800-487-1493) or drop into our local information center located at 301 Victoria Rd.

5. Re: How much time to spend between Revelstoke and Canmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 14:16