We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

Hi I'll be in Vancouver for 3 days but would love to do this hike! I know it can take up to 6 hours to reach to the top but wanted to know how long it takes to hike from start to 1st peak, 1st peak to 2nd and 2nd peak to 3rd.

Would appreciate anyone who's done this hike can advise on this :)

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,685 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

What time of year?

Snow pack is exceptionally heavy this year it may be late in the season before people start bagging peaks.

http://forums.clubtread.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,110 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

The best I can do is to link this article. There is a button at the end of the text to "Read more."

https:/…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

@SamSalmon- I will be there towards end of August this year

@muftivancouver- Thanks for that!

Squamish, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

Hi there,

Going from Peak to peak I would recommend if you wanted to get all three peaks in on one hike that you start with going to the furthest peak (third, north) and then go back to hit the second and finally the first peak. In total the whole hike if you connect all three peaks depending on how long you spend on each peak and how quickly you travel but I would say somewhere around 7 hours to hit up all the peaks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

@visitsquamish - thanks for the recommendation! I'm assuming to start at the third peak, you'd have to walk past the trails to first and second? Or is there a direct shortcut?

Ideally I just want to make the most of this hike for half a day due to my limited time at Vancouver.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?

I hiked all three peaks today with four others. It took us 5 hours in total, rest time included. If you keep going, it would take probably 4 hours.

We hiked up to Peak 1, then Peak 2 and lastly Peak 3. To go from Peak 2 to Peak 3, you need to head North from the summit and follow orange markers on trees. Coming down from Peak 3 to the car park was fine but going up this trail could be tricky.

Wishing you an enjoyable hike!

Edited: 26 July 2017, 11:00
Reply to: Stawamus Chief Hike - duration between each peak?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Squamish
More Squamish Topics