We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waldorf Celestion Apartment hotel

Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Topic
Waldorf Celestion Apartment hotel

I will be arriving by cruise ship and would like to spend 2 or 3 extra days visiting Auckland. Can any one tell me about this hotel? How far is it from the port where Holland America ships arrive? Also, is this place clean and its location in a nice area? Any specific information will be helpful in choosing a hotel in Auckland.

Thank you!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waldorf Celestion Apartment hotel

The Waldorf Celestion is about a 10 minute flat walk from the port, and is in a good location at the bottom end of the CBD, also good quality/clean etc.

Another one to consider in the same area is the Oaks Residences (Istay).

The absolute closest place to the port is the Copthorne Harbour city.

Another place that is easy to get to and nice is Quest on Queen.

In my opinion it is best to stick to options that are near the bottom end of the CBD, there are a number of places a bit further up into the CBD, but these would involve uphill walks to get to them from the port.

2. Re: Waldorf Celestion Apartment hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 11:20