We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Dulcote

Wells, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Dulcote

Does anyone know where Dulcote is? Well I do it is in Wells, Somerset. Dulcote is not a town on it's own it is a village on the edge of Wells. Clearly tripadvisor need some persuading or educating. If anyone can find a way of communicating this to them, please let me know.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Dulcote

not sure why you're so het up about it...but I think you have to submit some form of report about it for TA to recognise it.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,922 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Dulcote

Hi, What is it exactly that you want Tripadvisor to do?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,454 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Dulcote

If you are suggesting that Dulcote has it's own forum as opposed to being included in the Wells Forum, then that's just silly. Can you imagine if every village in Britain had it's own forum, just how many would there be?

Think about it.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,552 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Dulcote

But Dulcote does have its own forum and we're on it now. Perhaps the OP is suggesting it should not have its own forum but come under Wells.

Wells, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is Dulcote

If someone wanted to visit Wells, our Bed and Breakfast would be one out of 31 places which guests might consider. Now we are listed under "Dulcote" and the Wells part of our address omitted, no one would 1) be able to find us on tripadvisor or 2) have any idea that we are within walking distance of the centre of Wells.

Wells, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is Dulcote

Thank you for your response it is interested to read reactions to my "rant".

Most of our guests have booked with us because we are on the edge of Wells, however tripadvisor has recently decided to exclude the Wells part of our address and list us under our village name of Dulcote. Dulcote is so small and so many of our guests have enjoyed staying with us because we are so close to Wells. We think that both guests and ourselves will loose out because of this decision.

Wells, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is Dulcote

Thank you for your response. I totally agree with you. We have a Wells address and we wanted to continue to be included with other B & B's in Wells. Guests have stayed with us because we have a Wells address, our recent guests have commented that they probably would not have found us listed under Dulcote.

Wells, England
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is Dulcote

Ston Easton Park is NOT in Bath - it is on Ston Easton - nearest town is Radstock!!! Will be forwarding this to Trading Standards - Somerset Council.

As I have been reliably informed by Trpadvisor, Establishments cannot be advertised under a town they are not actually in: quote:

Thanks for your email. In order to provide the most accurate information possible to travelers, we strive to list all of our accommodations, restaurants and attractions in the actual physical footprint, so we cannot move any listings to a different town than where they are physically located.

You can read more here:

Our managers are currently looking at ways to better show "nearby" accommodations in with the ones in the larger/more well known places.

Best regards,

The TripAdvisor Support Team

I hope this may clarity the situation?

Carol Lloyd

Beaconsfield Farm,

In a message dated 30/05/2010 20:45:47 GMT Daylight Time, TripWatch@e.tripadvisor.com writes:

Best of Bath, United Kingdom Can't see this e-mail? Click here.

Would you like weekly updates on Bath? No thanks

Hotels Travelers Recommend

1 Apsley House Hotel »

193 reviews

A superb guest house

2 The Bath Priory Hotel »

A well needed rest

3 Tasburgh House »

Wonderful walk into town! Welcome escape from town!

4 Queensberry Hotel »

Wouldn't stay anywhere else

5 Ston Easton Park Hotel »

Definitely has the WOW Factor

More Hotels: Top Value | Most Popular | 3-star | 2-star | B&Bs

Things to Do

Things to Do

1. Bizarre Bath

2. Mad Max Tours

3. Scarper Tours

4. Mayor's Honorary Guides

5. The Roman Baths

View all »

Recommended Restaurants

1. Same Same But Different

2. Hudson Bar & Grill

3. Enzo

4. Bistro La Barrique

5. The Bathtub Bistro

View all »

Lowest Fares

View flights to Bath, United Kingdom

Traveler Photos

Bath, Somerset, England

View all »

Traveler Deals for Bath Sponsored links *

Bath: 1/2 Price of Hotels !

Booking.com Book online now, pay at the hotel. Bath: Save up to 75% on Hotels with Expedia

Expedia.co.uk Create your perfect trip! Save with Expedia.co.uk

Bath: Hotels.com

Hotels.com Find the lowest price guaranteed on hotels in over 600 cities. Bath: Official Site. Click Here.

HIExpress.com Spacious Room - All Mod Cons - Lowest Internet Rate Guaranteed

Featured Bath Hotel: Holiday Inn Express Bath

View all deals for Bath

Go to TripAdvisor | Travel Deals | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. If you have questions or need assistance, ask us here.

TripAdvisor LLC 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA 02464, USA

© 2010 TripAdvisor LLC. All rights reserved. TripAdvisor, the TripAdvisor logo, the Owl logo and Get The Truth. Then Go. are either registered trademarks or trademarks of TripAdvisor LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.

Level Contributor
29,341 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is Dulcote

Hmm,perhaps t his thread is getting a bit 'self promotional' beltane040, is that really in the remit of TA forums??

IF you have a problem with the TA management decisions, try contacting them, rather than ranting on an obscure thread that they are not going to see.

Wells, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is Dulcote

I am sorry that you think that this is self-promotional. It is not intented to be. We have tried for weeks to communicate with TA. We assume that they read what is posted on their site.

I am intrigued as I am no expert, how you end up responding to a Dulcote Forum - do you have a connection with Dulcote ?

Get answers to your questions about Dulcote
Recent Conversations