We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will the Kids Like it....???

liverpool
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Will the Kids Like it....???

Getting a shortlist drawn up for some last-minute summer options and like the look of AP but slightly concerned the kids (boys aged 9 & 7) might be a bit bored.

What is there in the immediate area or how close is AP to something with a bit of entertainment for kids?

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will the Kids Like it....???

AP is lovely for nice accommodation near a beach, there is no town/village just a collection of accommodation, tavernas, couple of bars and small supermarkets for s/c supplies.

There are no hotels catering for children/families in the style of those you find on larger islands or the mainland. Skiathos is a lovely island but I'm not sure that in the packed month of August it would be the most suitable place for your kids, I'm struggling to think of anything specifically aimed at kids aged 9 & 7.

A late Spring Bank Holiday would be a good time to bring them when it isn't as crowded and you can take advantage of the boat trips and beaches but this is just my opinion. I do know that some of our regular posters are there now with children of a similar age.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
216 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will the Kids Like it....???

We stayed in AP when the kids were younger and they really enjoyed themselves. We often got the bus down to Koukounaries and went exploring though the pine forest and enjoyed an afternoon on one of the many lovely beaches. There are loads of lovely boat trips that our kids enjoyed.

I personally would avoid the dog shelter, as our little girl became very poorly with a nasty GI stomach bug despite us taking the necessary hand washing precautions -however this was many years ago and the cleanliness may have improved.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
758 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will the Kids Like it....???

We are here on our 4th visit, the 10 year old loves it but the 14 year old is a bit bored this year- thank goodness for wifi!

4. Re: Will the Kids Like it....???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Agia Paraskevi