We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FreeCamping on south-southwest coast

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
FreeCamping on south-southwest coast

Im coming to crete for 4 weeks,arriving on 23rd june.heading staright for Palaeochora to ferry to Gavdos for 10-14 days lightweight (around 10kg) freecamping on the beaches of course,then heading back to Chora Skafion to walk the coast and Gorge's of south west Crete.

what i need to know is how much opportunity there is to walk and Free Camp along this coastal route back to Palaeochora area over the next 2 weeks.im talking about just erecting the tent for single overnight stays before moving on.

im not taking any cooking equipment whatsover so will need to be near enough to villages etc to be able to buy meals-food-liquid refreshement

also places i should definatly visit or avoid

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: FreeCamping on south-southwest coast

just returned from Crete and having left Gavdos island after 3 weeks there i stopped off at Souiga for a couple of nights before getting the bus back to Chania.

im happy to confirm that there is indeed free camping in Souiga.to free camp you have to go to the the area to the left of the village where you will see many tents pitched on the back of the beach and you can pretty much put your tent up anywhere to the end of the beach.also if you area naturist, nudism is completely acceptable at the last 1/3 of the beach.

also there is an open shower on this end of the beach and also 2 bars serving food and drinks.

2. Re: FreeCamping on south-southwest coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2016, 16:17