We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anywhere to avoid ???

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
30 reviews
anywhere to avoid ???

Hi all,

well our next visit is to the west of Crete, we are staying in Paleochora but driving up to Chania and staying overnight in a little hotel overlooking the harbour, it will be our anniversary and there are a few restaurants that sound good, Tamam, Well of the Turk or Chrysostomos.

My question is, and I know they will try and lure us in around the harbour, are there any restaurants to really avoid ??? as Trip Advisor, although usually spot on, can be a little out of date

(we usually give a miss any that have photos of the food, although a couple of these have sometimes nicely surprised us) xx thank you

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
20,947 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: anywhere to avoid ???

Hi Karen

Tamam, Well of the Turk, and Chrisostomos are all good restaurants: you've chosen well. My choice for a special meal would be (and usually is) Chrisostomos, but I expect you'd enjoy whichever of them you decide on. If you do choose Chrisostomos it would be wise to book ahead: it's justly very popular.

Your instincts are good re the harbour restaurants. Most of them serve mediocre food, some at higher than average prices: you pay, of course, for the view. As the view IS wonderful, a good compromise is to have a drink at one of the harbour places, and move on to one of your chosen restaurants to eat.

Amble, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: anywhere to avoid ???

Thank you, I'll make that reservation :)

Reply to: anywhere to avoid ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted