We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

We, 5 adults, like to go from Playa Gigante to Leon. What is the best way to do that.

Is it possible by bus. Or how expensive is a taxi or mini van? Or do we rent a car?

Mentioned in this post
Leon
Leon
Leon Department, Nicaragua
2 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

It depends what "best" means to you. Taking a taxi would be fastest but expensive. I am not sure if you can rent a car in that area. If you want cheap you have to get to Rivas first. I would do that by bus (maybe via Tola) but I think (I have not been to Playa Gigante) that you may have to walk/get transport to the main road first (3 km). A taxi from Playa Gigante to Rivas would be $25 maybe (I am guessing). In Rivas you can take a bus to Managua. You will probably end up at mercado Roberto Huembes. Take a taxi to the UCA bus station for a minibus to Leon.

Mentioned in this post
Managua
Managua
Managua Department, Nicaragua
Mercado Roberto Huembes
Mercado Roberto Huembes
77 Reviews
Managua, Nicaragua
Leon
Leon
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

About 15 minutes from Gigante by ECI airport/Rancho Santana, there is a National/Alamo/Enterprise car rental facility. They will bring the car TO YOU in Gigante. By far, for a group of 5 (or even 1 person) this would be the fastest, easiest and likely most affordable way to get to Leon (or elsewhere for that matter). Check with the company for a one-way drop fee at your destination as well.

Mentioned in this post
Rancho Santana
Rancho Santana
475 Reviews
Tola, Nicaragua
Leon
Leon
Reply to: Going from Playa Gigante to Leon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Gigante