We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

We, 5 adults, like to go from Playa Gigante to Leon. What is the best way to do that.

Is it possible by bus. Or how expensive is a taxi or mini van? Or do we rent a car?

2 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

It depends what "best" means to you. Taking a taxi would be fastest but expensive. I am not sure if you can rent a car in that area. If you want cheap you have to get to Rivas first. I would do that by bus (maybe via Tola) but I think (I have not been to Playa Gigante) that you may have to walk/get transport to the main road first (3 km). A taxi from Playa Gigante to Rivas would be $25 maybe (I am guessing). In Rivas you can take a bus to Managua. You will probably end up at mercado Roberto Huembes. Take a taxi to the UCA bus station for a minibus to Leon.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Going from Playa Gigante to Leon

About 15 minutes from Gigante by ECI airport/Rancho Santana, there is a National/Alamo/Enterprise car rental facility. They will bring the car TO YOU in Gigante. By far, for a group of 5 (or even 1 person) this would be the fastest, easiest and likely most affordable way to get to Leon (or elsewhere for that matter). Check with the company for a one-way drop fee at your destination as well.

Reply to: Going from Playa Gigante to Leon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Gigante