We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

work permit

Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Topic
work permit

i have applied back in august for work permit.

how much time does it take to get a work permit.

i will be working with a jewellery company..can anybody help me with how good is that island for jewellery sales?

regards,

sanket

10 replies to this topic
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: work permit

Application can take 3 to 6 months, sometimes longer to process and there's never any guarantee it will be approved. Everything moves on "island time". Contact your sponsoring employer - they should be able to get more info for you.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: work permit

Caribsurfer is correct. If your job isn't "specialized" it may take longer or not be approved at all.

Best if luck though..

Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: work permit

can i get an inside view of the diamonds market over there. it will be quite help full.i am goona be working with a reputated jeweler over there

Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: work permit

i am a jewelry appraiser thats hell lots of talent i guess

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: work permit

To be honest, not much need for a jewelry appraiser here. And I say that being a renowned appraiser myself. It would not be considered a speciality trade since a local can be trained to do the work. Not saying you can't get a permit. Just saying it is not like being a doctor or other needed profession.

So I guess I don't understand your question about the inside of the diamond market here. The market here is about on par with the international exchange. That is to say it is artificially inflated. People buy here because the retail market up is not as high as it is in other parts of North America. But, your "sponsor" should be able to give you more insight. I would go for information there than on a travel forum.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: work permit

Sorry but you won't be able to get a work permit for that kind of work.

Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: work permit

that was quite a nice way to bring some one down from the clouds...may be my sponsors knows much about why they have hired me. i want to ask if i get permit in late December. is this opportunity worth a try

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: work permit

The only ones who can help you with this information are your sponsors. This is a travel forum, we cannot help with the specific information you are asking.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: work permit

Hey all i am a young musician, and got an invite to come over and play a few gigs in local pubs restaurants. Im only staying 4 weeks and i think I'm supposed to play 2 or 3 nights a week. Can anyone tell me do i need a work permit, I'm not doing it for the money just to supplement my holiday.

Does anyone have any ideas as I never considered it and i am supposed to be going in a month.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
534 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: work permit

1. This is the wrong place to be asking employment and immigration questions.

2. Even if it was the right place, you would have to differentiate between the laws and processes that govern the French side and the laws and processes that govern the Dutch side.

Reply to: work permit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten
Recent Conversations