We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient Beach or Grand Case?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Orient Beach or Grand Case?

Looks like Orient Beach is a much nicer beach than Grand Case and probably we will spend most of our days on Orient Beach, but the hotels seem to be nicer in Grand Case and for dinner restaurants also seem to be better in Grand Case. So if we stay in a hotel in Grand Case like Grand Case Beach Club and drive to Orient Beach or other beaches, how difficult is finding parking near beaches and is it free? The other option is to stay at Orient Beach hotel and drive to Grand Case for dinner. Which hotel close to the beach in Orient Beach (not too expensive) will you recommend? Also if we rent chairs and umbrellas how much do they cost per day?

What other beaches are worth visiting ?

Thanks,

Javed

14 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Level Contributor
278 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Orient Beach or Grand Case?

Parking at Orient is much easier, in my opinion. We have never paid to park there and there are lots on different areas of the beach....I would note we are early risers as well, but even when we leave in the afternoon there are parking spots. My husband commented last year that he was glad we were staying in Grand Case and walking to dinner as we wouldn't want to deal with finding a parking spot in Grand Case (we had designated parking at our apartment). Grand Case restaurants are essentially a tiny street with one or two tiny parking lots. I personally wouldn't want to have to find parking there each night, but people do it every year and don't seem to mind it. My opinion is stay in G.C. and go to Orient for the day if you want parking to be easier.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,141 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Orient Beach or Grand Case?

We stayed at Club O on Orient, and went to GC for dinner, I think 5 nights out of the 7 nights we were there. Driving back and forth is not an issue, but I agree that parking in Orient is easier. But, the parking situation in GC will not (and did not) factor into our decision about whether or not to go there for dinner.... so what, if we had to walk a short ways into town. It really was no biggie, and parking is free, unless you park on someone's private parking area.

Orient Village has a lovely selection of restaurants, too. So, if you stay on Orient and simply don't feel like getting into the car, there is good food to be had, within walking distance of your hotel.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Orient Beach or Grand Case?

My money is on Grand Case.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
49 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply