We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Tour Advise

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
373 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Tour Advise

Hi PV Experts, again,

Been looking at some various tours to the various beaches only accessible by boat. Prices range from $85-$140 per person. I really prefer to go at my own pace and hate to pay for unneeded amenities. I really dislike organized tours.

It's just 2 of us. Is it possible to hire a local boat to take us down south to the various beaches on my own schedule at a reasonable price? Is it Ok and safe to do so? Can I find a boat with some shade?

Read somewhere that rates are $50hr? Is it negotiable? Like to spend $200 for the day considering I'd probobly buy them lunch and tip nicely if service was good?

It seems tours dont run on Sunday so though tbat woukd be a great day to do it; being less crowded. BUT does it also mean some restaurants and bars are closed that day?

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,110 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Tour Advise

Hi

If you don't get many replies here on the state forum, consider reposting on the active Puerto Vallarta forum where folks offer advice frequently.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
373 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Tour Advise

Yeah, my bad. I keep doing that by accident and don't know how to delete.

Reply to: Beach Tour Advise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted