We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ulignano

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Ulignano

Can anyone give me some information on Ulignano. We plan to use san Gimignano as our home base and travel around Tuscany for about a week. We gave some thought to an agriturismo but since we're in our early '70's think we'd probably be better off in a town. We will have a car and will be there in October. Any advice/information would be most welcome.

thank you

angie 1942

2 replies to this topic
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Ulignano

Angie,

I wonder if you ever got to Ulignano. My wife and I are house exchangers and we just got an inquiry from a couple from Ulignano and wonder if it's a place where we would want to spend a month or more next summer. I have driven through town using Google Street View and there don't seem to be any restaurants and only one small grocery store. We would exchange cars so we could easily go into Poggibonsi but do we want to be that isolated?

We have visited San Gimignano, Florence, and Siena when we took a motorhome trip through the region in 2006 so we are familiar with the general area.

Regards,

Al (& Sali)

P.S., I hope that your trip went well.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Ulignano

Uligamo itself is small and on a hill. I don't know where the home you are thinking about exchanging is located. We stayed at a wonderful little hotel called Vecchio Ansilo located at the top of the Main Street hill. The town itself had little to offer however it is nicely located to all the towns around. There were several agritourists places that served dinner and we often went into San Gimiagno, Volterre, sienna and vicinity for dinner. I was disappointed in that I was expecting a friendly italian town where I could shop while my husband played bocci with the locals and a stroll into the town for a cappachino... This wasn't it; however the owners of our hotel made up for the shortcomings of the town itself; they are wonderful. Good luck and if your trip is only half as wonderful as ours you're in for a treat! If you do get to Veccihio Ansilo stop in and give Elio and Stefana a big hello from us.

Reply to: Ulignano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ulignano
Recent Conversations