We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Boston to Quebec City

Salem
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Driving from Boston to Quebec City

We are flying in to Boston from the West Coast and plan to rent a car and drive to Quebec City in July. We would love to hear about best routes, drive time, sites to see along the way and where to cross the border. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Best Seller
Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day...
1,443 Reviews
from USD 89.80*
Best Seller
Half-Day Trip to Montmorency Falls...
908 Reviews
from USD 44.90*
Best Seller
Quebec City Walking Tour
709 Reviews
from USD 24.19*
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,413 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Driving from Boston to Quebec City

Hi;

There are some rental companies that will not permit their cars out of the state or out of the country, or charge a premium if they do.

Ensure that the rental company notes on the rental agreement that they authorize you to take the car into Canada. You may be asked by Customs when entering Canada, or when re-entering the US, for this documentation.

The route looks to be quite direct, about 400 miles. From Boston north on I-93 to I-91, north to the Canada / US border. I see that you may have routing options once across the border.

Perhaps you should also post your question in the Boston, MA forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60745-i48-Boston_…

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Driving from Boston to Quebec City

The best and most direct way from Boston is to take Interstate 93 north into New Hampshire. In Concord take Intertate 89 west. Just after you cross the Vermont border take Interstate 91 north to Canadian border. After you cross it becomes Canadian route 55. Follow it until you get to Canadian route 20 east, which you will take the rest of the way to Quebec. It is roughly 400 miles and about 7 to 7 and a half hours. Go onto Google maps and keep clicking the New England area until the routes come into view. As I don't know your interests, or how long you want to take, it is hard to say what to stop and see, though I personally don't think there are many major must ee sights along this route. A good half way overnight spot if you are interested would be the Comfort Inn in St. Johnsbury, VT, at the intersection of 89 and 91. Good luck and enjoy!!

3. Re: Driving from Boston to Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 14:31